Retreat Opening (20 minutes)
If you are on a schedule, set your timer for 10 minutes to engage with the drumming and free-flow movement. You will then reset your timer for 10 minutes for the art portion. If you are not on a schedule, enjoy the activities for as long as you would like.
When ready, click this image to open the Drumming music
then enlarge to full screen.
Now, take a few deep breaths
Close your eyes
Feel the drumming in your body and begin to move your body. This is a free-flowing movement activity. As you move, visualize your body and mind opening. Continue to breathe deeply pacing your breath with your body movements so it flows and you feel a rhythm with your breath, your body, your thoughts, and the drumming.
Continue for 10 minutes or as long as you would like.
When you are complete, stop the video and give yourself a moment to transition to the next section. Drink some fresh water or herbal tea.
This section is designed to last 10 minutes but you can engage as long as you like.
Please refer back to your instruction sheet if you would like.
Suggested art activities:
- Simple Activity: Online image search using keywords describing who you strive to be
- More involved: Create a Vision Board
- Most complex: Create a digital vision board through the Mind Movies app
- Use the free-flowing art application called Watercolor, click image below.
Exploration (20 minutes)
Take a few moments to transition into this part of the retreat. If you would like a snack, have something light like an apple or drink some infused water or herbal tea.
You will need your journal and a pen during this activity.
Find a comfortable spot and click on the image below to enjoy a scene while you write.
You can turn the volume up for instrumental music or turn it off to enjoy the scene without music.
- Allow your experience with the drumming and free-flowing movement to guide your writing. What did you feel? What were your thoughts? Did you have any insight into who you are and what you are experiencing or what you would like to experience?
- If you feel stuck, close your eyes and imagine what it would feel like to be the person you have longed to be. Put pen to paper and allow the thoughts and feelings to flow through your pen.
Next Steps (20 minutes)
The final segment of your retreat is to take intentional action through creating affirmations, creating an intention, and/or setting SMART goals.
Utilizing your retreat instructions, you will now write your affirmation, intention, or goal.
To receive a reminder text of your next steps, click here
Your retreat is now complete!
Suggestions now that your retreat is complete
- Eat! Enjoy a nutritious bowl of soup, a fresh salad or a yummy protein smoothie
- Be kind to yourself
- Engage with inspiring and uplifting people and activities
- Continue to reflect and notice if you experience barriers that keep you from doing what you want to do
- Contact me if you would like to engage in one of our full programs or browse our offerings here
Remember you are an infinite being full of power and wisdom! Be all you long to be!